Release Day Blitz ~ Whisper Forever by CA Harms


Title: Whisper Forever
Author: CA Harms
Release Date: June 13th 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance





I wanted to forget him so many times. Erase the memories we shared and pretend he didn’t exist. It would have made his absence easier to accept.

Lucas Rivers broke my heart more than once.
In my world he was my guy, the one I’d grow old with and laugh with. But things aren’t that simple, and time changes everything.

That naive girl with dreams of happily-ever-afters was gone. 
I didn’t need a man to complete me. I was enough—no, I was more than enough. I was strong and determined. I was Madelyn Emery, and never again would a boy break my heart.

But the moment Lucas returned after four years, acting like we could pick up where we left off, that strength inside me shifted. The more I tried to ignore his efforts, the harder he fought.

How can one simple word whispered by one man mean so very much?

Recommended for Mature Audience



#FREE on #KindleUnlimited

  

As I turned back toward Madelyn, she was leaning over the cooler, probably in search of a grape soda in the slushy ice. I slid from the chair a little faster than I intended, making it wobble, and I quickly steadied it with my hand before anyone noticed. Liam snorted and I realized the prick saw the entire thing, but I wasted no more time on him.
I moved across the yard and stepped up behind Maddy. I placed one hand on her hip and reached into the cooler with the other. Her body stiffened against mine, but I continued as if her reactions didn’t make my heart race even faster. I lifted the grape Crush out of the cold water and ice and held it out in front of her. “This what you were looking for?”
“Yeah, thanks.” She tried taking it from my hand, but I held on tight. “You gonna let go?” she asked, still refusing to look my way.
“That depends.” I leaned in closer, trying to get her to look at me. “Are you gonna keep avoiding me, or are you gonna explain what’s going on?”
“Not avoiding,” she replied, still trying to tug the soda from my hand. “Will you just let go?” she said, pushing her hip against me. I circled my arms around her and she turned into me, which brought our bodies even closer together. She laughed as she tried to yank the soda from my hand again and I tucked it behind her back.
She lifted her gaze to meet mine, and her smile faltered as she tried to look away. I cupped her jaw and forced her to look at me. “Did I do something wrong?” I asked, feeling an ache deep in my stomach and worrying I’d upset her.
Maddy shook her head and closed her eyes. “We need to stop this,” she whispered.
“Stop what?”
“The flirting,” she added and the ache in my stomach intensified. “Friends don’t flirt like this, Luke. We’re gonna ruin this new beginning of ours, and before you know it, we’ll be back to square one.”
Her words surprised me. I thought we’d finally cleared that hurdle, but I felt like she’d just knocked me ten steps back. I wanted to haul her o somewhere and force her to explain where this was coming from, but the questions our families would ask weren’t worth the hassle. So instead of fighting her, I released my hold and held out the soda before her.
As she wrapped her fingers around the can, our fingers brushed over one another’s and her gaze locked on mine once more.
We’ll continue this conversation a little later,” I assured her.
“What conversation?” she said as she spun on her heel and walked toward the table where Sierra and our mothers sat.


I love HEA stories, as long as they come packing a little heat. I need some excitement, some angst, and moments that make me fan my face are always good too. I am an Illinois girl, born and raised. Simple and true, it honestly doesn’t take much to make me happy. I love the little things; they truly mean the most. I may have a slight addiction to my new Keurig—oh my, that thing is a godsend. And so fast too. I have two children who truly are my very best friends, and their faces never fail to put a smile on my face. I have been married to my husband for eighteen years, and even though at times I want to beat him with a stick, I would never change the years we have had. We have learned and fallen, only to pick each other up, dust off the ache, and help each other make it right.


Newsletter: http://bit.ly/1xsgHCS




Comments

Popular Posts