Blog Review ~ Give Me Hell (Give Me #4) by Kate McCarthy

Give Me Hell(Give Me, #4) 
by Kate McCarthy


**This is not a standalone novel. It is not recommended you read this until you've read books 1-3 first.**

Mackenzie Valentine is wilful, fiery, and determined to prove she doesn’t need anyone. Desperate to break free from the over-protective parents and three older brothers who dictate her every move, she runs away at the age of seventeen to hunt down the only boy who makes her feel alive.

Jake Romero has no choice but to leave the best thing that ever happened to him, taking him down a path that leads to notorious gang, the King Street Boys. When fate throws Mackenzie back in his life, he turns her away in her time of need, knowing he now lives a life in which she doesn’t belong. Except his decision has shattering consequences, leading to secrets, lies, and the ultimate betrayal. 

Years later, their lives continue to entwine, and when his past returns demanding retribution, Mackenzie intervenes and gets caught in the crossfire, leaving behind a devastation that no one sees coming. Can their relationship withstand the hell it’s endured, or is it too late for love? 

*Please Note: Kate McCarthy is an Australian author and Australian English, spelling and slang have been used in this book. This book is recommended for 18+ due to adult language and content.*






5 Stars
The Give Me Series by Kate McCarthy has been one of my favorite series to date and with the addition of Give Me Hell I have to say this book took that obsession I have with the Valentine and Jamieson clan to an all time high. I stumbled upon the first book but since then I have waited for Mac's story and it is here and what a story it was. It took a night of sleep from me from when it dropped into my kindle I couldn't help but read it. If you are looking for something sweet and simple, this isn't the book for you. It was a typical Mac style book. Lots of drama, sassiness and hot sexy men along with the women who keep them grounded. There were times I wanted to shake Mac and melt at Jake's feet but as I got more into the story the more I realized why they were both the way they were. It was such a gripping but loving story that it will gladly be added to my reread list along with the rest of the series.  




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts