Blog Review ~ Mr Right Now: A Romantic Comedy Standalone by Lila Monroe

Mr Right Now: A Romantic Comedy Standalone by Lila Monroe

"I'm face-down in forty glorious inches of well-endowed cake, seriously reassessing my life choices, when suddenly I hear it. The voice that launched a thousand teenage boy-band dreams. My #1 crush, Drew Delaney himself."

Ten years ago, Drew was boy-band royalty: the subject of a million teenage fantasies - and the guy next door. He was so far out of my league, I couldn't see him for stars, but now I'm back in town for our high-school reunion, guess who I run into but Mr. Right-Now himself...

Older. Hotter. And still sexy enough to make me forget about the glittery white frosting currently smeared across my chest.

Sparks are flying, and so are my panties, and soon, our trip down memory lane has taken a detour to 'oh my god, don't stop!'. Population: me.

But can I turn Mr. Right-Now into Mr. Forever? Or will crazed fans, vicious yoga moms, and three dozen flesh-toned popsicles (don't ask) doom our romance to the 'Where are they now?' section of MTV's greatest hits?

You'll be begging for a taste of Lila Monroe's new sexy, laugh-out-loud summer romance!
*MR RIGHT NOW is a full-length standalone romance with HEA. This bonus edition also includes Lila Monroe's BILLIONAIRE WITH A TWIST*









~2 Reviews~


When Maggie Hayes comes home to her parents house to regroup after having to close her bakery she never imagines she would run into her high school crush Drew Delaney. Maggie was a shy awkward girl in high school and her best friend was Drew's sister McKenna. When McKenna found out Maggie had a crush on her brother they had a falling out.
Drew played in a boy band that had become wildly famous, but when the band fell apart and his marriage fell apart he came home and opened a small recording studio.

Drew and Maggie run into each other when Maggie is providing a cake for an engagement party, but thinks it is for a bachelorette party and provides one of her naughty penis cakes in error. Drew walks in as she literally falls on her cake as she tries to leave. This HEA love story is funny from start to finish but it also has that sizzle factor and you can't help but hurt for them when there's trouble. I love Lila Monroe's books and this one does not disappoint!!
5 Stars
~NATALIE~

............................................................................................................



I have read a few books by Lila before, so I knew I was going to enjoy Mr Right Now.
This book is hilarious!!! The situations Maggie finds herself in had me laughing and cringing at the same time.
My celebrity crush growing up was Jon Bon Jovi (showing my age here!!!) but Maggie is one of the rare few that her celebrity crush happens to be her best friends brother and also her neighbor.
We get glimpses of their time together when they were younger, and Drew always seems to come across as a good guy. Maggie was your typical adolescent girl that was a bit awkward, had no sense of style - Lila seemed to be channeling adolescent me here hmm...
I really liked how Drew was open to starting a relationship with Maggie. There was no to-ing and fro-ing, does henlike me or doesn't he?? He knew he was attracted to her and was happy to see where things went.
This is a fantastically written book that I loved reading. I cannot recommend it enough.
5 Stars
~SHARON~






Comments

Popular Posts