EXCERPT REVEAL - HOME RUN BY STELLA KING

Home Run King by Stella is an all new standalone sports romance coming February 22nd!!

 

Synopsis

My life was what country songs are made of: my Granny died, my girlfriend broke up with me, I knocked up her cousin, and I was inducted into the Major League Hall of Fame. Yup…just like every country song I’ve ever heard.
But let me start over…
My name is Gage Nix. That’s all you need to know.
Actually, there’s a lot more to Gage than meets the eye. My name’s Katie Crisp, and I had a front row seat and the inside scoop.
In a moment of grief and desperation, I allowed the Home Run King to…well, hit a home run on my diamond. He not only knocked it out of the park, but he also knocked me up.
Raising two babies—the one I was carrying, and Gage—wasn’t what I signed up for. But he gave me no choice. I only wish I hadn’t waited until the end of the season to see that he was my MVP.
Oh, and the only hall of fame he’s ever been inducted into is his own.
   
Add to Goodreads - http://bit.ly/2EqMl1e
 

EXCERPT

When her eggs were done and the two slices of bread popped up from the toaster, I took both plates to the table and went back for our drinks. Two glasses of orange juice and a handful of pills later, I took my seat in front of her.
“What are these?” she asked while studying the assorted capsules in front of her.
“Vitamins. I read about all the good ones you need and even asked the clerk at the drugstore about which prenatal was the best.”
Her gaze lifted from the table to my face, and the pale-blue color turned so light they were almost see-through. Every now and then she’d look at me like this, almost in awe, yet I couldn’t figure out why. Actually, it made me a little uncomfortable at times, as I wasn’t sure how to react to the brief glimpses of affection in her stare. Although, this time, I was pretty sure it was confusion rather than adoration.
“When did you get these?” A hint of surprise danced in her soft-spoken words.
“This morning.” I shrugged and scooped a spoonful of egg into my mouth. “I went after my run.”
Normally, she’d berate me for talking with my mouth full, but not this time. Instead, she went back to studying the pills on the table. “What’s this?” She held up the black bean and squinted as if she needed glasses to see it. “Is this a coffee bean?” And just like that, the Katie I knew was back.
“Yeah. You won’t shut up about coffee, so I got you some.”
“What am I supposed to do with this?”
I lifted one shoulder and took another bite. “Eat it. Smell it. Doesn’t matter to me what you do with it. Heck…drag it through a cup of hot water and call it a latte for all I care.”

Grab Stella's first book, Third Base!

Grab your copy Today!
Free in Kindle Unlimited
 
About Stella:
When two romance authors, Leddy Harper and Stephie Walls, join forces...you know it's going to be STELLA
Follow Author Stella

Comments

Popular Posts