EXCERPT REVEAL - STRONGER THAN THIS by ABBY McCARTHY

 

Stronger Than This, An all new standalone MC Romance by Abby McCarthy is releasing April 30th!

 
 
Marie: I married a monster -- a member of a motorcycle club. I was okay with him blurring the lines until the lines he crossed turned against me. He wasn’t always a monster, or he hid it well. I wouldn’t have married him if I’d known. By the time his true colors showed, I was pregnant with no way out. Until one day, years of planning paid off, and I was able to run away with my daughter. I found my footing in the foothills of Pennsylvania, thinking I would be far from any MC. I was wrong.
Mickey: As a member of The Devil’s Crusaders, not much escapes me in Wakeman. Especially not the tiny, fiery redhead who strolled into town, so obviously hiding from something. She made my blood boil in the best way possible. I’d avoided taking an old lady, instead, choosing to spend my years raising my daughter. Not anymore. Not since Marie. I was ready, and she was it for me. I just had to find out what she was hiding from before it finally catches up to her.
 

Pre-Order Your copy Today!

Amazon Universal - mybook.to/StrongerAbbyMcCarthy
Add to Goodreads - https://bit.ly/2GPr537
 

Check out all of the Standalone Devil's Crusaders Novels!

Limited Time Sale on the entire series!
Free in Kindle Unlimited
Amazon Universal - mybook.to/FightYou
 

EXCERPT

 
Mickey watched me. “So, he’s a biker.”
I was shocked that Mickey picked up on this, I was also a little nervous. What if he knew him? I mean, it’s a great big world and all, and we were far from home, but what if?
“How do you know?” my voice shook.
“Ye ride on the back of a bike like ye always been there. Ye grabbed de foot peg without any hesitation, and ye know what the road can do to those pretty red locks of yers.”
“Stop.” I put my hand up feeling way too exposed in front of Mickey.
Mickey didn’t stop, “He’s a ballless feck. Dinks he’s a man ‘cause he’s got two wheels between his legs and puts his hands on ye proves he’s got no balls. Been doing it for a while too based on the scared look ye carry around wit ye. Any man who thinks he can lay a hand on a woman, especially one as pretty as ye, ballless.” Mickey sneered shaking his head in disgust. I felt confused, and I didn’t like it.
I swallowed the lump in my throat, “Can we go?”
“What’s his name?” he asked ignoring my plea to leave. I shook my head.
“No, not doing this, Mickey.” I turned away from his bike and began to walk away. He wanted to question me? Whatever, I didn't need to answer him. I didn’t owe him anything. I didn’t even know him.
“Marie, stop.” Mickey’s hand touched my elbow, and I flinched on instinct. He put his hands up like I was a scared animal fleeing for safety. It made me mad. How did I let Drake turn me into someone who was afraid of her own shadow?
“I don’t know you, Mickey.”
“Get to know me.”
“Find another cause to take up.”
“Yer not a cause. Yer a woman, a damn feisty one at that.” He said woman like it was important. Like it meant something to him. “Get on. No more talk for today,” Mickey gentled his voice, and for some reason, I listened.
     

About Abby McCarthy

Abby McCarthy is reader and a lover of words. She is a blogger turned author and released her first novel in May 2014. She is a mother of three, a wife and a dog person. She has always written, sometimes poetry, sometimes just to vent about failed relationships, however in parenthood she has found her voice to help keep her sanity. Words have flowed from her, to review and with the support of amazing friends in the Indie community she has decided to pursue her dream of writing! She loves to write and read romance, because isn't that something we all yearn for? Whether it be flowers and hand holding or just the right tug on your hair. Isn't that what life is about? The human connection?
 

Follow Abby McCarthy

 

Comments

Popular Posts