Release Package: When it Comes to You by Melissa Toppen

 

Title: When it Comes to You
Author: Melissa Toppen
Genre: Second Chance Romance (standalone)
Release Date: August 27, 2021





Eight years ago I ran. I ran from my parents. I ran from my pain. I ran from him…
I never wanted to go back. If not for my best friend’s wedding, I likely never would have.
The plan was simple. Get in. Get out. Easy as that.
Only I should have known nothing is ever that simple.
Especially when Westin Carver is involved.
He broke my heart once. Or rather, he completely annihilated it.
And I have no doubt that if given the chance, he’d do it all over again.
But even knowing that, it doesn’t change the way I crave him.
The way my body reacts to him.
The way one touch completely obliterates the wall I built between us.
But when it comes to Westin not everything is as it seems.
They say love is blind. In my case, love is blinding.
Because I should have seen what was coming next…
And I didn’t.








HOSTED BY:

This is my first book by Melissa and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was well written with a great storyline. My only gripe admittedly would be that I felt Scarlett simply let Westin off the hook too easily. I wanted more angst, and I especially wanted to see Westin work harder for Scarlett's love after his betrayals were revealed - because there is more than just one!!
I am a sucker for a great epilogue. I need to know what happens next after they find their HEA, and this epilogue was everything I could have asked for. It did finish off the book nicely for me.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book




When it comes to you is the first book by Melissa Toppen that I have read. Although I enjoyed reading Scarlett and Westin's story, I felt she forgave him just a little to easily. I love reading second chance romances, and am all for forgiveness, but feel Westin needed to work harder for her forgiveness because of he multiple betrayals. All in all it is very good and I read it one day and I look forward to reading more from this author.


Comments

Popular Posts