Blog Review ~ A Thousand Letters by Staci Hart

A Thousand Letters
by Staci Hart

Sometimes your life is split by a single decision. 

I’ve spent every day of the last seven years regretting mine: he left, and I didn’t follow. A thousand letters went unanswered, my words like petals in the wind, spinning away into nothing, taking me with them. 

But now he’s back.

I barely recognize the man he’s become, but I can still see a glimmer of the boy who asked me to be his forever, the boy I walked away from when I was young and afraid. 

Maybe if he’d come home under better circumstances, he could speak to me without anger in his voice. Maybe if I’d said yes all those years ago, he’d look at me without the weight of rejection in his eyes. Maybe if things were different, we would have had a chance. 

One regretted decision sent him away. One painful journey brought him back to me. I only wish I could keep him.

*A contemporary romance inspired by Jane Austen’s Persuasion*




Available on KU



 I really wish there were a better "stars" system. And by better, I mean I wish we were able to give it more than 5 stars, because if I could, I'd give this one 10.
I knew this book would make me cry. I've read Staci's Facebook statuses while writing it. I knew it would rip my heart out, but I also knew that it would heal it.
Reading this book was such an amazing experience. I hurt so much while reading most of this book. Sometimes, I felt like my heart literally couldn't feel anymore broken for Elliot and Wade, but then other events happen and it just shatters.
I don't know what it is about Staci and her books, but they're never disappointing. Not even in the slightest. She's writes such beautiful words and such beautiful and complex characters, and this book right here showed just how amazing and complex and beautiful she could go with her writing.
I loved the ending of this book. I loved how Elliot finally decided that she wasn't going to back down and take the emotional abuse any longer. I love how Wade finally realized that he was worth forgiving and that he wasn't completely broken.
I would love a future book, hell even a novella of Elliot and Wade. After the epilogue. Maybe with some babies. Just a light hearted Novella. One that can show us how beautiful their love is when they're together.
As always perfect book, and I can't wait for Staci's next one!!


Comments

Popular Posts