Blog Review ~ Drunk Dial by Penelope Ward

Drunk Dial by Penelope Ward

It seemed like a good idea at the time. Look up Landon Roderick, that boy from childhood whom I’d never been able to forget—even though he so easily forgot about me—and call him. 

Then again, anything sounds like a good idea when you’ve had a little too much wine before bed, right? It was supposed to be just a quick, meaningless, prank call. Instead, I went off on him—unloading thirteen years of pent-up emotions. 

I didn’t think he’d call me back. 

I certainly could never have anticipated the weeks of sexually tense phone conversations that followed as I got to know the man he’d become. 

Turned out, Landon had never really forgotten me, either. That special connection we had was still there. I opened up to him, but there were also things about me he didn’t know. And he had his own secrets. 

Over the countless hours we talked on the phone, I wondered what would happen if we actually saw each other. One night, I did something impulsive again. Only this time, I went to the airport and booked a ticket to California. We were about to find out if one phone call could bring two lost souls together or if my drunk dial really was all just a big mistake.










~2 Reviews~


This book was amazing! Rana is a 26 year old belly dancer, just trying to make ends meet. When she was just 13, her family uprooted from their apartment at the hands of her best friends parents, who they rented from. 13 years and a few drinks later, she decides to look her old friend Landon up and give him a call. After an irrational phone call and some help from caller i.d., they decide to keep in touch. Will fate bring them together again? Will years of secrets drive their friendship apart?? I love all Penolope Wards books but, this by far is my favorite! You will laugh, you will cry and just get all the feels!

5 Stars
~HELEN~


...................................................................................................


So, I've read pretty much ever Penelope book written. I'm a fan, and can safely say that this book is hands down, my favorite Penelope book thus far.

Not only was the premise a favorite of mine - I don't know what it is about love over the phone relationships, but i love them - but everything about these characters drew me in. You know that the Male character in a book is perfection when you learn about their past mistakes, and you automatically forgive them and can look over it.

Landon and Rana were childhood friends who lost touched after she moved away from him. Years later, Rana, after a long day at work decides to drink some wine and think about the boy she played with as a child. Which made her mad, so she decided what any girl pissed off and drunk would do...She looked him up and drunk dialed him. After verbally lashing out and releasing years of anger out on him, she hangs up. After immediately getting a call back from Landon, they end up rekindling their friendship via phone and text.

I have no idea what it was about Landon, but he was perfect. Like, In EVERY way. He was funny, sexy, caring and gentle. He was everything perfect a man should be. (could have added a beard in there as a bonus, Penelope! lol) And Rana, as frustrating as she was in the beginning, she was actually a like-able character. And her past, and "Twist" was one I didn't even really see coming. Penelope snuck it right in there.

This book was well written and sucked you in from the start, keeping you sucked in until Rana and Landon get their happily ever after, then you just want more. Always more. 
5 Stars
~AMBER~







Comments

Popular Posts