Release Tour : Redemption by Monique Orgeron

Title: Redemption
Series: Youngblood Series #1
Author: Monique Orgeron
Genre: Contemporary Romance Suspense
Release Date: January 24, 2019
Is there a road to redemption? Her coming into my life was a miracle. She saved me. But she also came in like rolling thunder to my lightning strikes. Opinionated, aggressive, argumentative, and fuck did it make me react. She is the first woman to ever call me on my bullshit. Causing my blood to boil like no other. The problem is, she sees right through me. I’m a bad man with no redeeming qualities or is that true? I might not be who she wants, but I can be the only man she will ever need, and she is the only one that can penetrate my blackened heart. The price is high but with her, I get not one but two hearts that will be solely mine. Fire and ice! Freedom is all I wanted and what I got were surprises. All wrapped up in a man that was everything I hated. Life was supposed to be simple. Stick to the plan, that’s all I had to do and then he came in tempting me and pushing my buttons. So why did I let him get under my skin, in my thoughts, and in my bed? There is too much to risk but what a delicious risk it would be. Is it possible to love someone you hate?

TEDDY

Walking into the emergency room, I survey the place looking for Ashlyn, but I don’t see her anywhere. Strolling up to the nurses’ station, I find a cute nurse eyeing me up and down. If I had more time, I would probably eye fuck her back, but I’m on a mission.
“Hi, I was wondering if you could help me find Doctor Ashlyn Martin.”
Disappointment falls on her face. “It’s her break. I believe she’s in the cafeteria right now.”
“Which is where?”
She points the way, making sure she stretches out over me to get a touch. Yeah, this girl would be easy to take to some linen closet. 
“Thank you.”
Ignoring my cock, I follow the path the nurse pointed to. When I come across the glass walls to the cafeteria, I see Ashlyn sitting down with another doctor; a male doctor. He’s not bad looking either. I wonder if he’s the reason she shows no interest in me? It has to be. It would be a reasonable explanation. She’s either interested in someone else or they’re already an item. It at least helps my ego to think they are. I’ve never met a woman who didn’t like me. 
Walking up to them, she sees me before I get to the table. Her face is one of shock. 
“Teddy?”
“Hey, Doc.”
The guy turns around and stands, “Hi, nice to meet you. I’m Dr. Timothy Breaux.”
“Nice to meet you, Tim.”
“It’s actually Timothy.”
Ignoring him, I sit at the table. “Doc, why didn’t you ever mention Tim to me?”
Tim looks at me and asks, “And you are?”
“Teddy Trahan.”
“And who are you to Ashlyn?” he questions.
“A friend of the family.” Looking at Ashlyn, I wait for a reaction. I can’t classify her as a friend because let’s face it, she hates me. But she can’t deny I’m a friend of the family. She works for all of us now.
I slap Tim’s back. “I’m also her neighbor. So how long have you two been seeing each other?”
Ashlyn jumps and practically shouts, “We’re not!”
Tim laughs and says, “No Ted, Ashlyn here hasn’t agreed to go out with me, yet. But I might be wearing her down.”
Did this asshole just call me Ted? I tighten my grip on his shoulder. I hated being called Theodore Jr. and I hate being called Ted. My mother called me Teddy and that’s what this motherfucker will use unless I choose to make him say Mr. Trahan. I start squeezing tighter, causing him pain, until Ashlyn says, 

“Timothy, his name is Teddy.”
Clearing his throat he apologizes, “Sorry, sorry, Man.”
“It’s alright, Tim.” I slap his back again, lightening the mood. 
Staring at Ashlyn, I ask Tim, “Where do you plan to take Ashlyn if she says yes to your date?”
“Why? No offense, but I don’t see how it’s any of your concern.”
Now I turn towards him and say, 
“Afraid the family is very protective of her. You know her daddy would have a fit if we didn’t protect her to the best of our ability. You should remember that if she says yes.”
“Yes well, I’m sure Dr. Martin wouldn’t have a problem with it. Afterall, he is the one who introduced us. In fact, he has already given me his blessing to ask her out.”

“His blessing? Oh, you’re one of those guys.” I give him a half-cocked smile. “I’ve never needed a daddy’s blessing.”

He stands abruptly. “Ashlyn, I think I will give you and your neighbor some time to talk but I’ll be right over there if you need anything.”
He kisses her cheek and walks away. 
I’m staring at her, waiting for the explosion. 
“I gotta say, the man doesn’t intimidate easily.”
“You son of a…”
“Watch it Ashlyn, there are some things I don’t take kindly to being called.”
Grinding through her teeth, she asks, “Why. Are. You. Here?!”
Giving her my best charming smile, I point out the obvious, “I came for my apology.”
“Apology?!...For what?!”
“My eye, Doc.”
“I am not apologizing to you, again. It was an accident and you know it. You should be the one apologizing to me for rubbing your penis all over me.”
I lean in closer, “Doc, why would I apologize for rubbing my hard cock on you? We both know you liked it. I can still hear the sound of your whimper. If you would have let me, I could have given you so much more and dragged so many more beautiful sounds out of you.”
“Enough! Why are you like this? I didn’t enjoy anything you did, or will I ever like anything you could do.”
“You did! And you have no idea what I could do. I guarantee it would be so much better than anything Tim could do.”
“You’re ridiculous and insane. First of all, I will never know and secondly Timothy is not like that, he’s a gentleman.”
“Too bad. You need a man that’s not a gentleman.”
“Oh, I bet. Someone like you, right?”
“Bet? What an interesting word. How about I prove to you that Tim is not a gentleman.”
“What are you talking about?”
“Tim just wants between your legs.”
“No, he doesn’t.”
Her words cause me to laugh out loud. “Well I hope for you, you’re right.”
“It doesn’t matter. I’m not going out with him.”
“Why not?”
“Because I’m not interested.”
“Really?”
“Really.”
“Hmm.”
“Why does that surprise you?”
“Because you’re not interested in me.”
“Oh my God! You think just because I’m not interested in you, that means I have to be interested in someone else?”
“Well yes. So, if not him, then who?”
“No one. Not Tim and definitely not you.”
“I’m going to figure it out, Doc. But for now, you have to go out with Tim.”
“I will not!”
“Yes, you will. We have a bet. And besides, I dare you to.”
“You dare me?”
“Yep! Come one Doc, I have to see if I was right and who knows, you might get lucky. Which means you might be nicer. Win, win for the both of us.”
“I hate you.”
She crosses her arms, looking defiant but I can tell she is thinking it over. She gives up her tantrum and asks, “What’s the bet?”
“If I win, you have to apologize with flowers, the whole nine yards and you have to admit that you liked my cock between your legs.”
“And If I win?”
“I will do whatever you want.”
She stares at me with daggers in her eyes, fuming like a dragon. I’m waiting any second for her to call my bluff, but she does the opposite.
She yells across the cafeteria, “Timothy!”
Turning, I see him looking over surprised. 
“You can take me out this weekend.”
Timothy is happily smiling to an open room with his hand waving back to us. I give a little wave back at the idiot smiling. Oh Timothy, the fucker is going to make my year. 
I’m feeling triumphant until I turn around and see Ashlyn’s fake smile. Suddenly I feel… feel…fuck, how do I feel?
Written by Monique Orgeron’s eldest, most beautiful, and intelligent daughter. (My sister is going to hate this part.)
My mom happens to be the most caring, loving, and stubborn person I know, well anyone knows. She gives 100% percent of herself to everyone and has given up so much of herself for my sister and I. For twenty-one years she has poured her heart and soul into making sure we know that we are loved and that we can do anything we put our minds too, but it was about time she figured that out about herself. 
Up until this year I hadn’t seen my mom do anything for only her, but this book has allowed her to travel the world through the pages of a book, make new friends, and feel the joy of doing something exciting. 
There is a new light behind her eyes and it is just making me feel more joy than she can ever imagine. While she might be annoying most of the time, I am so thrilled that she is finally allowing herself to grow as a person and not spend all of her energy on her family. 
It has been a long journey of self-discovery for my mom; she has gone from domestic supermom to domestic goddess throughout the process of writing. 
We are so very excited and proud of you! I love you as big as the world.
-Bria and Tony
HOSTED BY:

This was an amazing story that sucked me in right from the beginning and didn't let me go.  I hated the ending and I CANNOT wait until book 2.  This was a complex group of things happening all at once.  The group of characters were perfectly written and the "good" girl I believe has a way more dark side than anyone else thinks.  

Comments

Popular Posts