Release Tour ~ WHEN EAGLES SOAR by A.L. Simpson

WHEN EAGLES SOAR
by A.L. Simpson

Genre: Romantic Suspense w/ Paranormal Elements


My name is Kyan Miller and I have the ability to change into an Eagle and soar above the Earth.
Yep, you heard right – an Eagle.

A curse placed on the family in 1626 resulted in all the male members of my family having this unusual ability from the age of sixteen.

I work for the Government in Covert Operations. I can obtain information, other operatives cannot. This mission is one of my most dangerous to date. The US is being flooded by Cocaine from South America and the Governments of these two countries are working together to put a stop to it. They have been receiving valuable intel from two US operatives. Until .... one operative is found dead. The other is missing - Analia Rogers has neither been seen nor heard from for three days, we don’t know if she is dead or alive. I have been sent into the Alvarez family’s drug compound to find answers.

I’m on an inflexible deadline, in three days time, the compound will be blown to smithereens but there are details the Governments aren’t aware of which could place their forces in danger. Can I get the word out in time to prevent them from being slaughtered?

What I find inside the compound has my anger soaring to nuclear levels. Am I in time? Is there anything I can do? And, who has betrayed us?


Chapter One

Soaring above the jungle in a warm air thermal is my idea of Heaven on Earth. Mother Nature is on display in all her magnificent glory. Oranges, reds, and yellows of Bromeliads glisten in the sunshine, water droplets not yet dried by the warmth. Water Lilies bob in pools of water topped up by overnight rainfall. Rubber trees, Acai Palms, Kapak, and Balsa stretch skyward competing for sunlight. The jungle is never quiet, never sleeps. By day, critters scurry about on the forest floor, a symphony of bird calls including Toucan and Macaw fill the air as they call to each other. By night, a cacophony of owls’ hooting mingles with the chirping of crickets and the sound of frogs who are partaking of their evening meals.

Mice, spiders, crickets, small and large snakes, a veritablesmorgasbord of tasty treats, but not for me. I have a human’s appetite. I eat like a man and have the strength of a man, no fifteen pound limit for me.

I flap my wings once and propel myself into another thermal above me. I could stay up here for the rest of my life, given the choice. But, I’m not here in El Supa to enjoy myself and take in the sights, I’m here on serious business.

˜*˜

My name is Kyan Miller and I work for the Government in Covert Operations. My ability to change from human form to eagle makes me a valuable asset in the war against drugs. I was first alerted to my ability to ‘shift’ eleven years ago, on my sixteenth birthday.

My parents had thrown me a ‘Sweet Sixteen’ party but I felt listless, disinterested in my friends, the food, and the games. By the time everyone left, late in the afternoon, I was irritable, exhausted and my head pounded. My father had recognized the signs and taken me out the back for a private discussion away from my sisters......







I have always loved to write and have a vivid and overactive imagination.

In my spare time, when I’m not writing, I love to walk, read and shop.

I believe no mountain is too hard to climb, no river is too wide to span and no journey is too difficult to complete. I follow my dreams and I urge and encourage others to do the same.

With a positive attitude, the impossible can become possible.

Facebook ✯ Website ✯ Goodreads ✯ Amazon ✯ Blog

Comments

Popular Posts