Blog Review ~ Bad Penny by Staci Hart

Bad Penny by Staci Hart

Nothing good comes after the third date.

Date three is the crucial point when things get real, which is exactly why I bounce out the door, twiddling my fingers at whatever poor boy I’ve left behind. Because if I stick around, one of three things will happen: he’ll profess his undying love, he’ll get weird and stalky, or I’ll go crazy. Like, Sid and Nancy crazy. Like, chase-him-through-the-streets-begging-him-to-love-me crazy. 

Seriously, it’s better for everyone this way.

So when I meet Bodie, I figure it’ll be the same as it ever was. It doesn’t matter that he doesn’t put a single string on me. Doesn’t matter that he’s funny and smart and jacked or that he can play my body like a grand piano. Because even though I’m built for love, love has only carved me up like a Christmas ham.

Resistance is something I can only hang on to for so long, and he has persistence in spades. But my heart isn’t as safe as I want to believe, and neither is his. And the second I ignore my cardinal rule is the second I stand to lose him forever.







5 STARS
I'm not sure how Staci does it, or what sorcery she practices, but with each book, they get better and better.

I was on top of each and every update that Staci made on Facebook about this book, I wanted it, and I wanted it yesterday. And this was right after she just started talking about it. I knew that after how she would describe it and give us snippets, that Penny and I would be spirit animals. I knew she would be epic and I knew that Staci would murder this book, and not to toot my own horn, but I was right on all accounts.

Penny is everything that you want in a heroin. She's funny, smart, sexy, has tattoos, is fluent in smart-ass, has a Ph.D in sarcasm, and a foul mouth. I loved absolutely everything about her. I loved how quirky she was, how she kept herself and her appearance, how she didn't need a man (At least she kept herself from needing one) and I loved that she had absolutely no shame and went after what she wanted without giving any f***s about what people thought. She was boy crazy, and she owned it.
But more than that, Penny was relate-able. She is pretty much every single, independent woman. She has her dating plan, and nothing is going to stop her or derail her. Until Bodie comes along with his sexy as shit eyes, and body and math jokes.

Which brings me to the perfection that is Brodie. Or as he used to be called, Diddle. Brodie isn't your average blue eyed, sexy bodied, surfer boy. Brodie is also smart. Beauty and Brains definitely do exist. What was amazing about this book, and what I loved about it was that Bodie, he was the one that wanted the relationship. He was the one that wanted dates, and commitment, and Penny wasn't. It's the completely opposite of all of the other books out there with this premise.

Staci has once again written a spectacular book that will keep you thinking about it for days after you've read it. 
~AMBER


Comments

Popular Posts