Blog Review ~ The History in Us by L.B Dunbar

The History in Us
by L.B Dunbar


Are you a hero yet? 
Her words rang in my head.
I wanted to be. 
For you, I want to be, I told her in my dream, the dream where she kissed me again.

A hero-worthy kiss.

Stay safe, she had said. Come back to me.
My lips tingled. 
The brush of hers over mine 
a memory held in the blackest of nights, 
the hottest of desert days, 
and the cold-evil hell of war against hidden enemies.

I wanted another chance to taste those lips, 
melt them against mine, 
and mold her body to me.
I wanted to live.
For Katie.








4 Stars
Levi Walker and Katie Carter have a history, a history that happened when they were younger; a history that happened before Levi joined the military, before Katie was an adult.

They meet again in college of all places. Katie is a graduate student and Levi has been discharged from the military, has a son and is trying to get his life back on track.

I was drawn to this book because of the military theme; but there was more to the story than just the military. My heart broke for Katie and what she experienced as a young girl. Levi’s time in the military was what shaped him into the man he was to become. I absolutely loved the ending!!!

So worth the read!!!
~DANA



Comments

Popular Posts