*Release Day Blitz* Not Your Hero by Anna Brooks

Title: Not Your Hero
Author: Anna Brooks
Release Date: April 18, 2015
Find on Goodreads

Sam Monroe is cynical and trusts no one. He lives his life just the way he likes it - no promises and no regrets. All he wants is a willing woman a couple times a week to give him a few moments where there are no painful memories. 

Courtney Gallagher is a single mom doing her best at raising her young son. She longs to feel wanted again, to receive the touch of a loving man. Even though her heart is fragile, she has hope there’s someone out there for her and her son. 

Courtney rents a place from Sam, and their relationship becomes complicated. Sam is willing to let her in his bed, but not his heart. Courtney feels a pull towards Sam, but learns that trust is definitely something to be earned. 

Can she forgive his mistakes? Does he want to be forgiven?

Amazon

 

“Is it really gonna be like this?”
 
“Like what?”
 
I sit in my chair, back to him, and start twirling pasta. His arms cage me in from behind and his stubble tickles my cheek. “You acting pissed at me. I told you. I fucking told you that I can't do more. I told you to make me leave, but you didn’t.”
 
He runs his nose behind my ear, and I clench the arms of the chair, forcing myself to stay still. I don’t want him to see how affected I am. “But you didn’t. So we fucked, Courtney. And we could do it again. In fact, I jack off thinking about doing it again. You know where I live if you want a repeat.”
 
 

Anna has always had a passion for writing, and is thrilled to have published her first novel. Along with several other projects, she is currently working on the next book in the It’s Kind Of Personal series. Born in Wisconsin, she’s lived in several Midwestern states. Anna enjoys reading, writing, and spending time outdoors with her husband and two boys.
 
Facebook Twitter Website Goodreads

Comments

Popular Posts