Blog Review ~ If You Were Mine by Melanie Harlow


Blog Review 
for 
If You Were Mine 
by Melanie Harlow



Theo MacLeod wasn’t supposed to be the one.

Tall, dark and handsome suits me just fine, but the cocky grin, know-it-all attitude, and mammoth ego? No thanks. I only hired him so I wouldn’t have to sit at the singles table again. It was just pretend.

He wasn’t supposed to kiss me. 

My heart wasn’t supposed to pound. 

We weren’t supposed to spend the night together—the hottest night of my life. 

One night turns into a snowed-in weekend away, and even the blizzard of the century can’t cool the fire between us. I can’t get enough—of his smile, of his body, of the way he makes me feel.

We’re nothing alike. He’s a daredevil, and I’m a nervous Nellie. He’s a drifter, and I want to put down roots. He’s an opportunist with a checkered past, and I’m a Girl Scout volunteer.

But none of it matters when I’m in his arms.

I know he’s made mistakes. I know his wounds are deep, and he doesn’t trust easily. I know he doesn’t believe he could ever be enough to make me happy, but he could. 

All he has to do is stay.




Available through



I'm a huge fan of Melanie Harlow. Every time she writes a new book I know I just HAVE to read it and I know that it will be amazing. This one didn't let me down. Claire is a character from two of her previous books (That don't really need to be read to enjoy this book) that I was intrigued about. She was the quiet one. The cute one. And when I realized this book was hers, I got so excited. I wanted to know more. I was even more excited when I read the synopsis and saw that it was a "Fake Boyfriend" type book. Those are always fun. Again, I wasn't disappointed.

Claire needs a date for a co workers wedding and is tired of sitting at the dreaded "singles table" so she lies and RSVP's for herself and her boyfriend. A boyfriend that doesn't exsist. She gets an idea from her friend to just rent one. After talking herself into it, she looks up a website and finds the "perfect" guy who is gorgeous and has amazing ratings. When she meets him, she is immediately taken back. Not only is he NOT the guy in the picture from the website, He's cocky and annoys Claire from the start because he "reads" her and is spot on. Long story short, They go to the wedding, he plays his part perfectly and they end up breaking their "Platonic Promise" which states there is to be no physical contact of any sexual nature between the two. Theo doesn't want to get too close to her knowing his background and how good she is. How ice she is. He's convinced that she's too good for him.

This whole book was perfect. Perfectly written, perfect characters, everything. I don't care what Melanie writes next, It'll be an automatic MUST READ! Just like this one and all of her previous books. 




Comments

Popular Posts